- Shipandane & Letaba Day 6: The end…
- Shipandane & Letaba Day 5: Rain, birds, a kittycat and Sweet Light!
- Shipandani & Letaba day 4: Back to Sable Dam
- Shipandani & Letaba day 3: A windy visit to Olifants
- Shipandani & Letaba Day 2: Road to Letaba
- Shipandani & Letaba day 1: A welcoming surprise!
- Shipandani hide & Letaba, March 2017
- Sable Dam & Satara – Taking the scenic route home
- Sable Dam & Satara – Birds and Buffalo
- Sable Dam & Satara – Backlit Lions
Tag Archives: Satara
We had decided not to do the obvious and leave via Orpen gate, but to rather drive all the way down and exit at Crocodile Bridge gate. The map told us that Satara Camp to Crocodile Bridge is 127 km, … Continue reading
Monday morning was probably our slowest morning of the trip. Our first good sighting was only just before 8 am, of a Secretary bird hunting in the grass. Shortly after the Secretary bird, we saw a group of 6 Kori … Continue reading
Sunday started fairly slowly. We left camp minutes after the gate opened, and cruised slowly up the S100, enjoying the beautiful sunrise. Our first sighting was of a Swainson’s Spurfowl, perched on a fallen tree, trying to warm itself in … Continue reading
When we left the picnic site after breakfast veld on either side was dry and dusty and seemingly devoid of any life. Then, as it happens in the Kruger Park, we turned a corner and everything changed. A few cars … Continue reading
Saturday morning, after oversleeping slightly, we drove North on the H1-4, in the direction from where we had heard the lions roar the night before. We passed the usual herds of Zebra and Wildebeest just outside Satara, and about half … Continue reading